Discussions allow you to ask a question, ask for suggestions, state an observation or
assertion to get feedback, or report a problem. Members of your community can contribute
by posting replies.
To start a discussion:
1. Click Create > Discussion, or if you are already in a group, space, or project, click Start a discussion
from the Actions menu on the right.
If you clicked Create > Discussion, you'll need to choose a place to post your discussion.
• To create a private discussion and invite specific people, click the Private Discussion link, then
add names to the Participants field, or click the Select People link and choose from all of the
people in your community. Click Add Selected People to return to the discussion page.
• To start your discussion in a group click a place from the list of Your recently
selected places or click the Browse for more locations link. Click on a group from the list to
2. Enter a title for your discussion in the field at the top.
3. Your discussion can be marked as a question to encourage people to answer for points. If your goal is to
start a discussion but not look for a correct answer, leave the Mark this discussion as a question box
4. Write your discussion in the content eld. You can format your text however you’d like, insert
videos, images, hyperlinks, emoticons, or tables.
5. Spellcheck your discussion or view your content in HTML by clicking the icons in the upper right corner of
the content field.
6. To attach files, click the Browse button beneath the content field and select the files you want to upload.
7. Add relevant tags to the Tags field so your discussion is easily searchable.
8. Click the Post Message button to post your discussion.
9. People can respond to your discussion by clicking the Reply button in the lower right corner of the content
10.When someone responds to your discussion with an answer you deem correct or helpful, click the Correct
Answer or Helpful Answer button to award points for their response.
11.Once your discussion is posted, you can manage it using the Actions menu on the right.