The attached slides talks about:
- Indonesia has the potential to substantially increase its economic returns from urbanization– housing is an entry point
- Indonesia is rapidly urbanizing with a young population that will demand housing
- The majority of housing (~80%) in Indonesia is self-built
- Affordability for housing is declining, especially for low income groups
- Other constraints to the housing market relate to land, access to financing & targeting of subsidies
- What can be done and where to go from here?