To go beyond the newsletter, there are related e-learning opportunities on TOD.
Outline of WRI/WB TOD Corridor Course
To provide a more structured way to learn about the principles and implementation of transit-oriented development, the World Bank has been working with WRI Ross Centre on Sustainable Cities to develop an in-depth 7 module course. The content is currently being finalized, and it should be published on the WB E-learning portal by the end of March 2017. The modules include:
- Introduction to TOD – covering the basics and history of the concept
- TOD Corridors – how to plan for TOD on a transit corridor scale (a recommended scale)
- The Building Blocks for TOD – needed policies and frameworks to plan and implement
- Design Components for TOD – design best practices for effective implementation
- Financing TOD – Ways to make it feasible to build transit and sustainable districts
- Sequencing for Implementation – recommendations on phasing TOD areas
- Inclusive TOD – how TOD can contribute to social needs and affordable housing
- Monitoring and Evaluation – how to measure success
Other WB E-Learning Modules
In addition to the upcoming course, other opportunities are currently available on-demand from the E-Learning Portal:
- 27 Feb – 16 Apr 2017: Sustainable Urban Land Use Planning (https://olc.worldbank.org/content/sustainable-urban-land-use-planning-facilitated)
- 6 Mar – 9 Apr 2017: An Introduction to Land Market Assessment in Complex Urban Settings (https://olc.worldbank.org/content/introduction-land-market-assessment-complex-urban-settings-facilitated) – register by 27 Feb!
- Coming Soon: Land-Based Financing (https://olc.worldbank.org/content/land-based-financing-facilitated)