Very good list of relevant studies or reports providing useful background reading on private sector conservation finance
For beginners in the finance world, here is an introductory style brochure that talks about main financial instruments used in conservation: Debt, Equity and Guarantees. The language of the brochure is simplified to make it accessible to the wide audience. http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/405891487108066678/pdf/112831-WP-PUBLIC-Introduction-to-Green-Finance.pdf
- UNEP (2014) Demystifying Private Climate Finance http://www.unepfi.org/fileadmin/documents/DemystifyingPrivateClimateFinance.pdf
- Overseas Development Institute (2011) Background Note: Leveraging Private Investment: the Role of Public Sector Climate Finance. https://www.odi.org/sites/odi.org.uk/files/odi-assets/publications-opinion-files/7082.pdf
- Global Impact Investing Network (2013) Catalytic First-Loss Capital. https://thegiin.org/assets/documents/pub/CatalyticFirstLossCapital.pdf
- Making Climate Finance Work in Agriculture http://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/agriculture/publication/making-climate-finance-work-in-agriculture
- Whats next for green finance http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nick-robins/2017-what-next-for-green_b_14203706.html
- Greening Digital Finance http://sdg.iisd.org/commentary/guest-articles/greening-digital-finance/
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance Clean Energy Investment Outlooks https://about.bnef.com/clean-energy-investment/
- UNEP FI publications : http://www.unepfi.org/category/publications/
- G20 Green Finance Study Group Document Repository http://unepinquiry.org/g20greenfinancerepositoryeng/
- Scaling up investment & finance for integrated landscape management: Challenges & innovations: http://ecoagriculture.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Finance-whitepaper-web.pdf
- Introduction on Climate Bonds: https://www.climatebonds.net/resources
This module aims at providing online learning and networking opportunities on issues in the interface between science, policy and practice related to Biodiversity Finance.
In this module, you can learn more about the organisations who are working in this field, share information and knowledge, connect and interact with experts from around the globe, and find possible solutions to your specific questions.