This course is developed for those who wish to conduct training impact assessments for their clients and customers in order to demonstrate results of training and its effectiveness.
Managers with direct responsibility for training programs and administrators with indirect responsibility for training may also find this course useful.
Participants for this course should have completed Business Edge® Training of Trainers (ToT): Facilitation Skills and Training Needs Analysis (TNA), or equivalents. The Coaching Skills course is an excellent complement to this course.
|Upon completion of this course, you should be able to: |
- Describe training impact assessment (TIA), its phases and steps
- Describe how to collect learner reaction (Level 1) results
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of Level 1 evaluations
- Describe how to collect learner outcome (Level 2) results
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of Level 2 evaluations
- Describe how to collect learner transfer (Level 3) results
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of Level 3 evaluations
- Describe how to calculate training return on investment (Level 4) quickly and effectively, and determine training impact (Level 5) results
- Explain the challenges of measuring Levels 4 and 5
- Give examples of bias and how to minimize it during Level 4 and 5 evaluations
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of Level 4 and 5 evaluations
- Outline the content of a TIA report
- Explain how to use professional techniques and tools to support TIA
- Apply the techniques and tools
|Classroom-based course |
The course uses an interactive methodology in order to engage participants actively in the learning process. During the course, your trainer will act as both instructor and facilitator, using a variety of learning methods to help you and your fellow participants share experiences and learn through participation in activities such as group discussions, case studies, role-playing, and games. At the same time, you will be guided to apply skills learned to client examples of your own choosing.
Not available at this time
|Not available at this time|
- Introduction to the course
- What is TIA?
- Why do TNA?
- Benefits of TIA
- Five key steps of TIA
- Training impact assessment step-by-step
- Collect learner reaction results
- Collect knowledge and skill mastery results
- Measure transfer results
- Measure impact and return on investment (ROI)
- Report on training results and impact
- Concluding remarks
2 days (depending on number of participants attending)
GO BACK TO CAPACITY BUILDING COURSE CATALOG