The Positioning Yourself in the Market course is targeted towards:
Depending on their positions, the target participants need to attend this course in order to learn how to make the right marketing decisions in their business.
- Owners of SMEs
- Marketing managers and marketing staff in SMEs
- Other managers in SMEs
|After attending this course, participants are expected to be able to:|
- Explain how to do market segmentation and how to select a target market.
- Describe how to identify the core benefits of a product.
- Be able to write a positioning statement and assess the positioning statement.
- Introduction to the workshop
- Session 1: Market segmentation and selecting a target market
- Steps for market segmentation and selecting a target market
- An explanation of each step
- Session 2: Identifying core benefits
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs
- How to apply it to consumers and corporate customers
- Criteria to evaluate
- Session 3: Writing a positioning statement
- Why is there the need to write a positioning statement?
- A form for a positioning statement
- What constitutes a good positioning statement?
- Concluding remarks, action planning and wrap-up
0.5 day (3.5 hours)
GO BACK TO MARKETING MANAGEMENT COURSES
GO BACK TO COURSES FOR BUSINESS MANAGERS