The Controlling Costs course is designed for managers and staff of SMEs including:
- Board of directors
- Head of departments
- Chief accountant, management and financial accountants
- Supervisors and section heads
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify different types of costs.
- Define the role of controlling costs.
- Analyze cost variance.
- Use tools for controlling costs.
- Create cost consciousness within an enterprise.
Introduction to the workshop
Session 1: Types of costs in an enterprise
- Costs and expenses
- Direct costs and indirect costs
- Fixed costs and variable costs
Session 2: The role of controlling costs
- Identifying controllable and uncontrollable costs
- Reducing controllable costs
Session 3: Cost standards and cost variances
- Setting up cost standards
- Analysis of cost variances
- Cost information and decisions
Session 4: Controlling costs system
- Cost centers
- Three steps in controlling costs system: 1) Collecting costs, 2) Analyzing costs and 3) Controlling Cost
- Cost codes
Session 5: Create cost consciousness
Concluding remarks, action planning and wrap-up
|1.5 days (10.5 hours)|
GO BACK TO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTING
GO BACK TO COURSES FOR BUSINESS MANAGERS