The Evaluating Investment Decisions course is designed for managers and staff of SMEs including:
- Business owners, directors, shareholders, etc.
- Board of Directors and Board of Supervisors
- Chief Accountant
- Others who supervise the evaluation of investment projects
|At the end of this course, participants will be able to:|
- Define what an investment project is.
- Explain the impact of investment decisions.
- Describe the information needed to analyze an investment decision.
- Apply techniques in project analysis.
- Identify sources of capital for an investment project.
- Introduction to the workshop
- Session 1: Investment projects and the impact of investment decisions
- What is an investment project?
- The impact of an investment project
- Session 2: Required information for the financial analysis of an investment project
- Investment capital and profit
- Project implementation
- Net cash flows (NCF)
- Residual value of a project
- Session 3: Techniques applied in financial analysis
- The analysis of an investment project
- Payback period
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- The selection of an investment project
- Analysis of non-financial cost / benefits
- Session 4: Sources of capital for an investment project
- Long-term capital
- Short-term capital
- Principles of capital allocation
- Concluding remarks, action planning and wrap-up
1 day (7 hours)
GO BACK TO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTING
GO BACK TO COURSES FOR BUSINESS MANAGERS