The Working with Budgets course is designed for top and mid-level managers in SMEs who are:
Participants not mentioned here may not find the topic useful to their work.
- Members of the board
- Department heads
- Chief accountant, or management and financial accountants
|At the end of this course, participants will be able to:|
- Identify the benefits of budgets.
- Practice basic processes to set up master budgets in an enterprises.
- Use budgets to control business activities.
- Identify principles to effectively apply budgets in enterprises.
- Introduction to the workshop
- Session 1: Budgets and the benefits of budgets
- What is a budget?
- The benefits of budgets
- Session 2: Budgeting process
- Step 1 – Forming a budget team
- Step 2 – Identifying the decisive factor and the key budget
- Step 3 – Collecting and consolidating information
- Step 4 – Developing master budgets
- Step 5 – Approving budgets
- Session 3: Using budgets
- Using flexible budgets
- Analyzing variance
- Taking actions
- Session 4: Notes for manager
- Principles for successfully applying budgets in enterprises
- Concluding remarks, action planning and wrap-up
|1.5 days (10.5 hours)|
GO BACK TO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTING
GO BACK TO COURSES FOR BUSINESS MANAGERS