The Communicating Effectively course has been designed for those who manage groups of people, mainly including business owners, top management, and all managers within small and medium sized enterprises.
|After finishing this course, participants will be able to:|
- Identify elements of communication process and factors influencing it.
- Identify forms of communication.
- Describe channels of communication at work.
- Show ability to give job instruction.
- Display ability to give and receive feedback.
- Show ability to deliver effective presentations by using verbal and non verbal language.
- Demonstrate ability to participate and conduct meetings effectively.
- Introduction to the workshop
- Session 1: Nature of communication
- What is communication?
- The elements of communication
- Factors influencing communication
- Forms of communication
- Communication channels
- Session 2: Job instructions and feedback
- Giving job instructions
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Session 3: Delivering effective presentations
- Structure of a presentation
- Preparing effective presentation
- Presenting effectively & use of visual aids
- Handling questions
- Session 4: Conducting effective meetings
- What is an effective meeting?
- Meeting attendants
- Skills needed to chair meetings
- Handling difficult situations
- Common tools for chairing meetings
- Concluding remarks, action planning and wrap-up
2 days (14 hours)
Each session lasts for approximately 3 hours or 180 minutes. Session 1 is a compulsory one, and the addition of sessions 2, 3 and 4 depend on the needs of the participants. With the additional sessions the course becomes a 2 day course (or 840 minutes).