|The Understanding Quality course is designed for top and middle-line managers in SMEs who are responsible for the following areas of management:|
- Quality planning and quality management in a company
- Purchasing incoming goods
- Research, development and product design
- Operations of an enterprise
- Controlling the safety and quality of products
- Equipment maintenance and calibration
- Recruitment and training
- Customer communication and product delivery
- Controlling the warehouse
|After attending this seminar, it is expected that participants will be able to:|
- Explain the meaning of quality.
- Describe the benefits of quality improvements.
- Identify quality costs.
- Explain key elements of TQM.
- Apply team work approach for quality.
- Explain basic concepts of ISO 9000.
- Introduction to the workshop
- Session 1: Quality and the customer
- What is quality?
- How to achieve quality?
- Why quality is important
- Introduction to Quality Management System
- Session 2: Towards total quality
- Traditional approach to quality
- What is TQM?
- TQM key elements
- Commitment to quality
- Session 3: Quality improvement team
- TQM and SMEs
- Finding ways to improve quality
- Working as quality improvement team
- Getting your team to work for quality
- Session 4: Introduction to ISO 9001:2000
- Quality assurance and ISO 9000
- ISO 9001:2000 requirements
- ISO 9000 series
- ISO auditing and certification
- Concluding remarks, action planning and wrap-up
1.5 days (10.5 hours)
GO BACK TO GENERAL MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS
GO BACK TO COURSES FOR BUSINESS MANAGERS