The Ministry of Transport and Communications is curently considering three possible ways to resolve the issue of the existing bridge at the border crossing point Domachevo - Slovatichi.
First Option - Construction of a new bridge with the subsequent dismantling of the existing bridge.
The estimated cost will be about 7 million USD. Under this option, the new facility will provide the required parameters and in the future it will not require financial investments to repair and maintain two bridges. The disadvantage is the need to device new approaches and significant costs for dismantling the existing facility.
Second Option - Construction of a new bridge, followed by the reconstruction of existing facility.
The estimated cost of this option will be around 11 million USD, construction of a new bridge is 7 million US dollars, and reconstruction of the existing bridge is 4 million USD. In this case, the construction of a new bridge will be implemented in accordance with the technical parameters of the technical regulations requirements, and reconstruction of the existing one will require significant investment, while there will be no load at the facility.
Third Option - Reconstruction of the existing bridge with the organization of the traffic flow on the temporary bridge for the period of reconstruction. The estimated cost of the temporary bridge facility with entrances will be about 776 thousand USD.
During the reconstruction of the existing bridge it will be needed:
- to repair, to strengthen and partial to replace the metal elements span N 4, followed by anti-corrosion treatment;
- complete reconstruction of the bridge deck with the appliance of monolithic reinforced concrete slabs of the road way;
- appliance of console on the outer beams or the broadening of supports with installation extra beams for larger dimensions;
- repair of supports and beams of span facilities;
- reorganization of conjugation;
- works in the riverbed area.
The estimated cost of works on this option will be about 5 million USD. In this case the cost of works will be minimal. With this option, existing facility will be most saved, in view of adjusting the dimensions and load capacity of facilities to the standards of existing technical regulations.