Here are some of the risks or threats of urbanization that must be taken into consideration when to plan your city:
1. Intensive urban growth can lead to greater poverty, with local governments unable to provide services for all people.
2. Concentrated energy use leads to greater air pollution with significant impact on human health.
3. Automobile exhaust produces elevated lead levels in urban air.
4. Large volumes of uncollected waste create multiple health hazards.
5. Urban development can magnify the risk of environmental hazards such as flash flooding.
6. Pollution and physical barriers to root growth promote loss of urban tree cover.
7. Animal populations are inhibited by toxic substances, vehicles, and the loss of habitat and food sources.