The Climate Group is pleased to announce a new interactive, global event: Innovation Game Changers: Off-grid electrification, which takes place at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 4pm BST / 8:30pm IST.
This online conversation will highlight the growth in the number of entrepreneurs who are developing access to energy business models in emerging economies. During this Google Hangout, we will share examples of innovation in product - and service - driven models that bring solar energy to rural communities, as well as new financing mechanisms such as crowd funding.
The session will build on The Climate Group’s work with off-grid entrepreneurs through the Bijli Clean Energy for All program, which is principally funded by the Netherlands Postcode Lottery.
This informative session will be an opportunity to:
1. Gain insights into the current status of energy access from innovative stakeholders working toward improving access to modern energy services.
2. Identify the key barriers forscaling up off-grid renewable energy deployment.
3. Discuss solutions to overcome existing barriers, including implementation of enabling policies, cutting-edge products and innovative financing solutions, that will have a major impact on reducing carbon emissions.
Thissession’s speakers will be:
– Piyush Jaju, Co-Founder and CEO, ONergy
– Ryan Levinson, Founder and CEO, SunFunder
– Debajit Palit, Associate Director, TERI
– Amy Davidsen, Executive Director, The Climate Group North America (moderator)
For more information about speakers, please see here.
ONLINE CONVERSATION AGENDA
11:00 – 11:05am Introduction to topic and speakers
11:05 – 11:40am Speaker presentations
11:40 – 11:55am Q&A session with moderator and audience
11:55 – 12:00pm Wrap up and closing comments from speakers