6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 10:35 AM by wbJason_Lyons RSS

Traninig of the trainers

C4D Explorer

Hi all,

does anyone have information on what form or methods would be employed in the training of trainers, that we hoped to accomplish by years end ?

• Re: Traninig of the trainers
          C4D Explorer

Hey Jason,

I would like to return the question to you asking what you think would be useful to do during that training (we are looking for ways to make it happen during the first or second month next year).

Here are the potential areas that could be covered:

- Material for end users training. Slides, sample data, tutorials.
          - Introduction to tools to administer / backup / monitor GeoNode instances. Emails to admins, etc.
          - Tools to track/promote usage and tips for engaging users. 
          - Advanced tutorials on creating Data Sharing portals using GeoNode as a platform. Introduction to custom add-ons.

There are many ways to structure it, and the idea is to get feedback from the people receiving the training on what the focus should be.

C4D Explorer

Hey Ariel,

Sorry for the extremely late reply, I think the for Grenada's case the introductory session enabling some of us newbies to become more familiar with administering the GeoNode, also End user training will definitely  compliment the learning experience allowing persons to be more convinced as to their participation, since their understanding of the possible products that can be derived from this venture.

regards

JLyons

C4D Explorer

Hello Jason,

I will defer to Eduardo, who is handling the user training for the upcoming workshop.

Thanks for the comments,

Ariel.

1100864 C4D Expert

Thanks dude.  Btw, did you receive the original email note about this from the

community site. I'm curious how well the mail systems is working for

collaboration for development.

(Embedded image moved to file: pic18762.jpg)

C4D Explorer

Hey, No i didn't receive it. I'm not sure what happened, i only got it when i went to the community site.

Jason k. Lyons

Community Programme Officer - Southern Grenada

National Disaster Management Agency

Fort Fredrick, Richmond Hill, St. George's, Grenada

Mobile: (473)404-5291

Work: (473)440-8390 ext. 236

Fax: (473)440-6674

Web: www.NaDMA.gov.gd

Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:04:31 -0500

To: jlocura@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - Traninig of the trainers

Collaboration for Development

Traninig of the trainers

created by Bradley Michael Lyon in Eastern Caribbean Open Data Management - View the full discussion

Thanks dude.  Btw, did you receive the original email note about this from the

community site. I'm curious how well the mail systems is working for

collaboration for development.

(Embedded image moved to file: pic18762.jpg)

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Collaboration for Development

Start a new discussion in Eastern Caribbean Open Data Management by email or at Collaboration for Development

C4D Enthusiast

Thanks Ariel for giving me the opportunity to comment on the upcoming training.

In general, the idea of the training is to assist the Caribbean Region in building up a strong data sharing and regional collaboration network.

Having that in mind, the training introduces attendants to open source software tools that can assist them when interacting with GeoNode (e.g. QGIS, OpenGeo, etc.) and at the same time helps them to become more familiar with the daily management of their GeoNode and increase the use of spatial data to improve the decision-making process.

Other concepts will be added, such as:

- Integrating GeoNode into existing GIS workflow,

- Data collection,

- Metadata concepts,

- SDI concepts towards a NSDI,

- Maps generation and output

We also hope to continue building our vision of having a Regional SDI in the Caribbean, having GeoNode as the platform for management, sharing and collaboration, to improve the decision-making process for disaster risk reduction in the region.

On completion of the training, the attendants will be equipped with the tools to use GeoNode when building the proof-of-concept to present the NSDI idea or RSDI to their colleagues and/or local policy makers.

Let’s see if at the end of the training we can come up with a 1st draft of RSDI to use as a roadmap for the implementation.