I sent you also an email, but the criteria to pass the screening stage for our financing channel are:
- Be a registered for-profit or non-profit company commercially providing affordable solar products and services to (off-grid) communities.
- Be able to show a positive track record.
- Having more than 1 year experience in the individual markets.
- Be using high quality technology that is proven in the field.
- Provide after-sales services such as extended warranty or a maintenance plan.
- Be able to provide an overview of the impact of the projects, e.g. social benefit (hours of studying more due to lightning, etc.), money saved by replacing the previous fuel source and environmental benefits (kg of CO2 saved)
- Having a business plan that has a long-term and scalable approach.
We at TRINE are enabling solar entrepreneurs in emerging nations to scale their business and impact by providing affordable finance for their projects. We are currently working on building up a project pipeline for funding in 2016.
Here is what type of projects we are looking for:
- Solar PV technology (pico systems, solar home systems or micro-grids, rural electrification - no big MW projects)
- with tangible social impact (# of people “electrified”, # of kerosene lamps avoided, kWh produced, spending on kerosene avoided, in a rural setting)
- and environmental impact (kg of CO2 avoided)
Our financing for a stage 1 partnership is currently structured in the following way:
- Tranch size: $20 000 - $100 000
- Upfront financing fee + interest rate on loan
- Debt repayment time : up to 5 years
For more information about TRINE you can have a look at the TRINE Partnership Document (attached) and a short video about us here:
If you have projects that fit this profile and are in need of finance, there could be an opportunity to get project finance through our channel.
In that case please contact me under firstname.lastname@example.org
Founder & COO, TRINE
Holtermansgatan 1C, 411 29 Gothenburg, Sweden