0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2016 1:14 PM by wt48 RSS

Who will be the next United Nations Secretary General???

wt48 C4D Extraordinaire

I have been reading candidate statements to become the next United Nations Secretary General.  Indeed, I have been writing about why it is important that the next Secretary General be a woman.  For those of you who would like to read the candidate statements, one good source is the  United Nations Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS)

- http://www.unngls.org/index.php

UN-NGLS  promotes constructive relations between the United Nations and civil society through dynamic partnerships to foster greater coherence around cross-cutting and emerging issues on the UN’s agenda and by facilitating meaningful civil society engagement in UN processes.    It provides strategic information, analysis and support to a wide range of constituencies, using its unique convening and networking capacity to strengthen multistakeholder dialogue and alliance-building on core UN issues.

I am hoping to start a discussion dialogue by members of C4D to field your thoughts on whom the next UNSG should be, as well as qualified candidates whose should be screened.