Blog » 2017 - Regional Working Groups, first EU workshop on RS.pdf
The overall meeting objective was to define a road map for road safety action in the EaP region and to agree on targets for reducing road fatalities. The meeting through discussion with the participants aimed to:
1. Get an overview of possible directions and recommendations from leading road safety specialists and EU experts.
2. Review existing and on-going road safety initiatives at the national and regional level.
3. Summarize the key recommendations from those initiatives.
4. Agree on priority actions and government reforms in the mid-term and long-term in each of the focus areas.
5. Agree on targets for road safety improvement.
6. Set up Regional Working Groups and discuss their future activities with some target dates and deliverables.